Tuesday, November 21, 2017

TCDb Trade #1: herkojerko (or the start of a new online home)

Now we move onto my next online home for collecting and trading.  Trading Card Database.  I recall looking into the site along with Zistle.  I found it a little confusing, especially when compared to Zistle.  I ended up here anyway, so might as well as settle in and get going.

It took a while to get my collection added.  I used an exported Excel file of my collection from Zistle, so any inaccuracies were transferred over.  I split-screened the Excel file of my collection with TCDb and just went down the list.  Eventually, I figured out shortcuts and quirks to the site, so it wasn't slow going the whole time.  After getting things entered and marked what is available for trade, I was good to go.

My first trade completed on TCDb was with herko who collects Phillies and NJ born players.  He requested a bunch of Phillies from me and offered back a nice mixture of cards from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's.


Herko sent a few auto cards in the trade.  I didn't have a Lenny Dykstra auto before, so this is very much appreciated addition.

Another first was an auto card of Esix Snead.  Esix's career didn't amount to much, but he was regarded for his speed.  He broke stolen base records during his minor league career, but only managed to steal 4 bases during his brief MLB career.

The highlight of his MLB career came on September 21, 2002.  He came in as a pinch runner in the bottom of the 8th inning as the Expos were leading the Mets 3-2.  The Mets tied the game in the bottom of the 9th on as pinch-hitter Brady Clark reached on an error that allowed Edgardo Alfonzo to score.

The game reached the bottom of the 11th with two outs.  Joe McEwing (HBP) and Roger Cedeno (walk) were on base.  Esix smacked a 3-run, game-winning homer to right field.  This was his only MLB home run and the only RBIs he would accumulate in his career.  Still more than I have, though.  Check it out below in glorious VHS quality.


Finishing up this trade with some Topps Unique.  I wonder if Topps intended for this to be a one year thing or not.  It's a perfect name for how things turned out.  The cards don't look bad either.


This was a nice and smooth start to my TCDb trading.  Thanks for the trade, herko!

No comments:

Post a Comment