Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Zistle Trade #70: scottbdoug

We head back north to Canada for our next trade.  This one again with Scott.  We have traded a few other times and so far so good.
Scott sent a couple cards that will be going into my in-progress FFM binder.  That is Former & Future Mets.  I am still working on that name, but FFM is a decent abbreviation, right?  F&FM? 

Anyway, the 1983 Topps Keith Hernandez and Bud Harrelson should be nice additions.  I believe this is my first Hernandez in a Cardinals uniform from his playing days.

Bud Harrelson was the Mets' shortstop for 13 years.  He played with an excellent glove and poor bat, but that was pretty standard for his position at the time.  At one time he held the Mets single season record for walks, so he must have had a pretty decent eye at the plate.  Guess who broke that single season walk record?  Keith Hernandez.  That's right, we went full circle.  
  

Also received in this trade were some 1991 Score Traded.  Something I learned from this trade was that there was a Traded release for Score.  I guess Score thought their rather large sets needed to be larger.  The cards I received are not too bad, though.  Some have some pretty decent photos.

Pretty solid trade!  Thanks, Scott!

No comments:

Post a Comment