Thursday, January 21, 2016

eBay: 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen

Like most collectors, I browse eBay from time to time looking for some good deals.  I came across a seller who does a lot of case breaks of Topps products.  I recalled the seller's name from Twitter and remember reading nothing but good things about him.  I am almost sure most of you have done business with Brent before and I have to agree with everyone's comments about him.


I decided to give Brent a try for the 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen release.  I enjoyed this release and like the design and look of the cards.  I think the Mets have some pretty good looking cards in this set, too.


The Mets have some pretty good looking inserts, too.  I think I like the Lenny Dykstra the best.  The Queen's Throwbacks is an interesting card, too.  Curtis Granderson is shown wearing a throwback jersey from a 2014 game against the Pirates.  The jersey says "Royal Giants" and would actually foreshadow (coincidentally, of course) the 2014 World Series match-up between the Kansas City Royals and San Francisco Giants.

I also decided to try some of Brent's single card auctions and picked up an auto and relic card.  Overall, I have to say this was a great experience just purchasing the team's master set and along with a hit card or two.  It does take a little bit out of the chase of completing a set, but I still have plenty of sets to complete.  Doing things the easy way is sometimes the way to go.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure Gypsy Queen is still on my list of things to finish from last year... but in my defense, I hadn't originally planned to collect it until I got the Granderson card - I'm a sucker for throwback uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice looking set. Probably my favorite design for Gypsy Queen.

      Delete