Thursday, March 17, 2016

eBay - 2015 Topps Archives and more

I missed out on Brent's Mets team sets for 2015 Topps Archives.  I ended up finding a seller that had a decent price and was able to combine it with some other listings, too.  I ended up with some 2014 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects and 2015 Bowman.


First card up is Michael Conforto.  He was drafted by the Mets in the first round of the 2014 MLB Draft being just the 10th overall pick.  He made his MLB debut over one year later.  He is also only the third player to play in the Little League, College, and Major League World Series.  He already has a 2 home run World Series game under his belt.  This is one of his first Mets cards.  It is badly photo shopped.


Next up are the 2015 Topps Archives cards.  Not a bad looking card in the bunch.  I like the first four cards with the 1957 Topps design.  I think it is cool to see Mets players on card designs from a time when they didn't exist as a team.  Overall, though, I think David Wright's card shown below is the best looking card.  It has such a great mixture of different shades of blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment