Monday, March 24, 2014

New Donruss and Donruss Originals Trade


One of the recent releases that everyone seems to have already posted about is the reintroduction of Donruss.  They brought back the Diamond Kings and Rated Rookies, of course.  They also throw in all of the parallels that are common place in the hobby.  Donruss were some of the first set of cards I had, but I can't get past the lack of logos.  I do not plan on purchasing any of these, so my thoughts really come from pictures I have seen of the product.  

If we get the right shot...
...then we don't have to airbrush as much...

I like the base card design and the return of the middle names on the back of the cards.  Diamond Kings could be considered the most well known name associated within Donruss' history.  They seem to have dropped the artwork for Photoshop/filtering, so that is a bit disappointing.

I received some 2002 Donruss Originals as part of another trade completed on Zistle.  I find these to be very similar in execution to the recent release - bringing back the old using the new.  The 2002 set brings back designs from 1982, 1984, 1986, and 1988, but with year 2002 players.

My favorites have to be the '82 Piazza and '84 Alomar, both in their pinstripes.  Both cards seem to embody the throwback feel of the set.

A few others received from the same trade:

There is that Diamond King artwork...
I still like Ike!


No comments:

Post a Comment