Thursday, March 17, 2016

Zistle Trade #46: dmk250

Here is another Zistle trade with user dmk250.  Dean was looking for some Phillies cards and sent back some Mets cards in return.  There were quite a few interesting odd ball cards that I received in this trade.


The above Howard Johnson and Darryl Strawberry cards are from Baseball Cards Magazine.  They apparently provided cards (those that you had to cut up yourself) in their magazine?  I have gotten a couple of others in box purchases on eBay, but never gave much thought to them.  I like the look of these two cards, though.


Remember those 7-11 coins?  I had a bunch as a kid and wish I held on to them.


These set of next cards have given me an idea to expand my Mets collecting a bit.  There are a handful of Mets players I enjoyed watching, both currently and growing up.  I am thinking of starting a binder of these players that show them throughout their career.  Not trying to collect every card, but maybe a favorite card or two from each year.


1 comment: